Bringing the SECURE Act into Focus for 2020
The “Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement” Act, known as the SECURE Act, is the most significant retirement legislation since PPA 2006. SECURE is designed to help more people save for retirement, but what exactly are the changes?
Register today for a SECURE Act presentation prepared specifically for Financial Advisors! John Markley, TRA’s Industry Relations Director and Lisa Showalter, TRA’s Business Development Director will address the legislation’s impact on retirement plans and why you work with an independent TPA.
Please join us Thursday, January 23rd, as we discuss highlights of the Secure Act, which include:
- Financial incentives (tax credits) for employers starting a retirement plan
- Encouragement to auto enroll, auto escalate
- Open MEPs permitted
- Annuity products in 401(k) plans
- Employers to set up retirement plans until the due date, including extensions, for their tax return
- More flexible 401(k) Safe Harbor contributions